Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Book 2 Impressions - Blog 1

So far, I have read just over half of the 448 pages in Memoirs of a Geisha. Before starting this novel, I, for some reason, didn't think that I would really like it, and the very beginning of the book led me to believe the same thing, due to its dullness. Thankfully, however, the farther I am getting into this book, the better it is. The story began to pick up pretty quickly, and began to interest me. One thing that I have liked about Memoirs of a Geisha, so far, is that it is straight-forward and easy to read. This book is different from the first book I read, The World According to Garp, because while that book felt that every word was specifically constructed by the author, this one feels more like a straight-forward story. I'm looking forward to finishing this novel and seeing how it concludes, as well as possibly watching the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment