Sunday, August 14, 2011

Book 2 Interview

For my second of two summer reading books, I interviewed my mother, who recommended to me Memoirs of a Geisha, by Arthur Golden. She read the book as an adult, soon after it came out in 1997. She enjoyed the book, and also enjoyed the movie based upon it, which came out in 2005. My mom said, however, that the book was much better than the movie, due to the detail and content. She found this book very interesting and fun-to-read, and thinks that I will feel the same way about it.

My mom usually only reads easy, younger books, due to reading boring material all day at work, and so this novel stood out to her as being significant, simply because it was a full--length adult book that she easily finished and thoroughly enjoyed. Since reading this book, my family has visited Japan, and so my mom also thought that this book would be an interesting subject matter to me, and that I may be able to better understand its content.

No comments:

Post a Comment