Saturday, August 27, 2011

Book 2 Wrap-Up

When I discussed Memoirs of Geisha with my mother, after finishing the book, she didn't seem to remember a ton of the details, since she read it quite a while ago, but their were still some things that stood out to her, even now. She remembered several of the characters that had been described so vividly in the novel, such as Mother, and could still recall how the character was described so hideously. She also told me that she had seen the movie based on the book several years ago, and that her expectations had not been met when it came to many of the characters, who were so well-described in the book. Additionally, she just felt that the entire book was so descriptive that it painted pictures in her head, and I would have to agree with that statement. I thought that the book was well-written and entertaining, and the author certainly created a world that you could easily become lost in. It seems that, overall, our readings of Memoirs of a Geisha were fairly similar, in that we both read this book at about the same pace, and especially that the main thing we appreciated about this book was the descriptions the author used to transport your to Japan. Upon starting this book, I didn't really expect much to come from my reading of it, but, after reading it, I think that it was a good suggestion on my mom's part, and am glad that I had the opportunity to read it. I would definitely recommend this book to someone looking for a good read.

No comments:

Post a Comment