Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Book 1 Interview

    For my first book, I interviewed my dad, who recommended to me The World According to Garp, by John Irving. The book is 624 pages long, and was published in 1978, when my dad was 16 years old. He read the book when it first came out, and said it was the first real adult book he had read, as well as the first book he read that was made into a movie, which was released in 1982. He was in High School when he read this book, and read it voluntarily, after it was suggested to him by his Aunt.
     This book impacted my dad's life because it was the first real adult book he read, and it also introduced him to the author John Irving, whose work my dad has now read the majority of. Also, at the time, my dad didn't really like to read, but, although he said that if felt like it took forever for him to read this book, he enjoyed the experience of reading this book. He recommended this book to me, partly because I'm the same age he was when he first read this book, and also just to introduce me to this author, just as he was introduced to him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment